Kindling Words is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. We are careful to keep the costs in balance with our expenses. The tuition for 2018 is $247.
We welcome gifts to the scholarship fund if you are having an abundant year. If you are hard-pressed to come, we offer scholarships. Please inquire to the registrar after acceptance.
Accommodations with all meals in standard room, per person, per night:
Single occupancy: $260; Double: $193. This is an all inclusive price, which is a significant savings.
You must call the Inn directly and say you are with Kindling Words to get this discount. See location for more details and explanation.
Here’s how Kindling Words East works.
Kindling Words is open only to authors, illustrators and editors working with a traditional children’s book publisher. If you meet this eligibility requirement, you may sign up for the registration lottery. To be included in the official email invitation, scroll to the bottom of our home page and enter your contact info into the Email List Sign-up.
Each year we hold a lottery, and there is a 12 hour window during which people can sign up.
Those who get in off the lottery are sent a registration form to complete.
Everyone else is put on a wait list. Those who get in off the waiting list are sent their form as soon as they get in.
- LOTTERY: On September 9th from noon to midnight EST 2018, anyone who is eligible can sign up for the lottery
- For those who are in, the deadline for registration and tuition payment is September 30th.
If the deadline is missed, you forefit your spot, and we open it to the wait list. Tuition is refundable less a $25 processing fee until 11/1.
- With your registration, you will need to upload a 100 word bio and a easily recognizable headshot for the bio book.
- You will also need to prepare 8-10 slides that illustrate your life and introduce you and your work.
- As soon as you are registered, contact The Essex to ensure your room at the generous Kindling Words discount.