Kindling Words East is a four-day (three-night) retreat held at the charming inn, The Essex, Vermont’s Culinary Resort and Spa.
- One lecture per day for each strand: Author, Illustrator and Editor. [The editor sessions are open only to editors.] The purpose of these lectures is to challenge, inspire and hone the cutting edge of our creative abilities.
- White Space: a Kindling Words innovation – put a topic on the white board and a group will gather to talk about it. Subjects range from ‘Sourcing Photos for Nonfiction’ to ‘Storyboarding a Picturebook Text’ to ‘Is Amazon the Enemy?’
- Thursday Night Slide Show – a movie-like presentation introducing each attendee and presenter
- Candlelight Reading – an enchanted performance of new, polished but unpublished works in an intimate setting; attendees may read up to 250 words. Spaces limited; sign up on registration form.
- Illustrator’s Candlelight – all illustrators submit ten slides of recent work to share their vision with a deeply appreciative audience.
- Saturday night bonfire, burning wishes, singing songs
- Party Suite – every night we have wine and goodies, games and laughter in our own two-room suite.