The Essex Culinary Resort and Spa is the only AAA four-diamond property in the Burlington VT area, and they wrap us in comfort all weekend long. Our meals are in a glass walled atrium, deliciously chef prepared and sensitive to food issues. Our rooms are beautifully appointed, quiet and restful. The Essex has an elegant full service spa, with pool and beautiful outdoor hot-tub (think of soaking with snowflakes falling!)
The room / board fee ($272/single or $198/double pp/pn) includes:
- A gorgeous room with free wifi
- gourmet meals all weekend
- access to pool, fitness center, outdoor hot tub at the spa
- access to spa facilities (treatments are extra)
- morning coffee, afternoon refreshments in lobby
- computers and printers in lobby
- snowshoe rentals
- airport shuttle
- all taxes and gratuity
- 30% discount for services at the spa!
Getting to Vermont
Flights should be made into BTV – Burlington International Airport. The Essex has included a free airport shuttle in the Kindling Words package.
MegaBus runs daily from Boston. Amtrak trains run daily from New York to Essex Junction.
Essex, Vermont is approximately a 3.5-hour drive from Boston, or a 6-hour drive from New York City. We’re aware there are other places in the country – this is just to get your bearings.