Kindling Words is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. We are careful to keep the costs in balance with our expenses. The tuition is $260.
We welcome gifts to the scholarship fund if you are having an abundant year. If you are hard-pressed to come, we offer scholarships. Please inquire to the registrar after acceptance.
2020 accommodations price per person, per night. This includes all meals, spa entrance, shuttle transfer and all taxes:
Single occupancy: $272; Double: $198. This is an all inclusive price and represents a significant savings.
You must call the Inn directly (800) 727-4295, ask for Sarah Craig, and say you are with Kindling Words to get this discount. See location for more details.
Here’s how Kindling Words East works.
Kindling Words is open only to authors, illustrators and editors working with a traditional children’s book publisher. If you meet this eligibility requirement, you may sign up for the registration lottery. To be included in the official email invitation, enter your contact info into the Email List Sign-up.
Each year we hold a lottery, and there is a 12 hour window during which people can sign up.
Those who get in off the lottery are sent a registration form to complete.
Everyone else is put on a wait list. Those who get in off the waiting list are sent their form as soon as they get in.
- LOTTERY: On September 6th from noon to midnight EST 2019, anyone who is eligible can sign up for the lottery
- For those who are in, the deadline for registration and tuition payment is September 23rd.
If the deadline is missed, you forfeit your spot, and we open it to the wait list. Tuition is refundable less a $25 processing fee until 11/1.
- With your registration, you will need to upload a 100 word bio and a easily recognizable headshot for the bio book.
- You will also need to prepare 6-8 slides that illustrate your life and introduce you and your work.
- As soon as you are registered, contact The Essex to ensure your room and a place at the table with the Kindling Words discount.